Shine within our hearts, Loving Master, the pure light of Your divine knowledge and open the eyes of our minds that we may comprehend the message of Your Gospel. Instill in us, also, reverence for Your blessed commandments:
- I am the Lord Thy God, thou shalt have no other gods before Me.
- Thou shalt not make for thee any graven image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; thou shalt not bow down to them, nor serve them.
- Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
- Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days thou shalt labor and do all thy work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God.
- Honor thy father and thy mother, that it may be well with thee, and that thy days may be long upon the earth.
- Thou shalt not murder.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery.
- Thou shalt not steal.
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife; thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s house, nor his field … nor anything that is thy neighbor’s.
I trust in Your love and compassion. Blessed is Your name, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, now and forever. Amen.